Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Xanadu Beach

It was a beautiful day today, nice and warm and perfect for the beach. We sent a bus full of passengers on the beach and shopping tour and I almost joined them. Just as I was about to get on the bus I saw one of my Bahamian friends that used to work on the ship. She was heading to Xanadu Beach for lunch and asked if I would like to join her. Xanadu beach is located on the southwest coast of Grand Bahama Island; it has a full service Marina and a wide range of water sports. I used to spend a lot of time at Xanadu Beach, as it is the closest beach to the ship. I have lost count how many times I went parasailing there. Today was just a day for catching up on gossip, and pigging out on cracked conch, a local delicacy. The crew is happy tonight as it is what we call our weekend; we have the day off tomorrow. There will be a crew party once all the passengers have disembarked, but I will be racing home to be with my husband.

No comments: