Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cruising

Once the ISO audit was over and I had worked on the new activity program yesterday, it was time to relax. My husband and I went for lunch at a local restaurant and had some delicious baby back ribs of which I ate way too much. The weather this morning was a little overcast and cool but at around 1:30pm the sun came out and it was beautiful. Since it was such a nice day and my husband and I were both done working for the day, we decided to go out on our boat for the afternoon. Fort Lauderdale has over 165 miles of navigable waterways and canals. It’s home to more than 40,000 boats. Cruising through these waterways allows you to see all sorts of interesting things in a relatively short distance. As you sail along you can see extravagant mansions, the largest of the large mega-yachts, huge cargo ships, cruise ships, charming canals and downtown skyscrapers. Port Everglades hosts an interesting mix of large cruise ships and cargo carriers. Downtown Fort Lauderdale can be toured from the New River, as can many of the city’s neighborhoods. It’s a sightseeing trip that is well worth it!

No comments: