Friday, February 6, 2009

Brrrr

Brrrr….It’s cold today, the temperature dropped to below freezing this morning which is really unusual for South Florida. I expected really rough seas, but it actually wasn’t as bad and I thought it would be. We didn’t have many passengers onboard today, but we did sell quite a lot of tickets for the Bahamian Getaway Island Tour. This is a great tour to do in any kind of weather and takes you to the main points of interest on the Island, including the Garden of the Groves. The gardens are very beautiful and the guides give a very informative tour though the trails of tropical plants and waterfalls. A lot of people also signed up for the Bonfire Beach Party this evening. I bet it will be nice huddling around a big bonfire tonight since it will still be quite cool. The cool weather is supposed to be with us for a few days. I can’t wait for the summer; like most people, I really don’t care for the cold. I spent my afternoon onboard today, but will go running tomorrow afternoon. If it warms up a little I may even venture into town.

No comments: