Monday, January 12, 2009

Taino Beach

Well, I didn’t arrange an excursion for today, but I did go running once we got to Grand Bahama. I was pleased with myself as I made it three miles today. The route that I take is quite beautiful so it is a pleasant run. One of the places that I pass is Tranquility Shores. This is a breathtaking stretch of Taino Beach, which I think is one of the most beautiful in the Bahamas. They have a variety of activities there including volleyball, paddleboats and snorkeling. I often stop there on my way back. Today I had a quick dip in the ocean; it was a little bit cool at first, but very refreshing. Usually I just find my own secluded spot, sink my toes into the white sand and relax for a few minutes before heading back to the ship. Oh, if you ever go there, make sure you try their lobster salad, it is delicious. No, I didn’t have any today; it would have ruined my run. But there is always tomorrow :-)

No comments: