Friday, January 16, 2009

Parasailing

The weather wasn’t so good this morning. We had rough seas and a few of passengers were seasick. As we got closer to the Island the ocean was calmer and the weather brightened up a little. I was planning on going into Port Lucaya this afternoon with some of the cruise staff, but we have a boat drill so I can’t go. The drill is only for the fire team, but I have to stay for the announcements. The rest of the staff is still heading to Port Lucaya and I am sure they are going to have a great afternoon. They are going to Lucaya beach, which is one of the best activity beaches on the island and they are going to go parasailing. If you’ve never parasailed, you are in for a memorable experience: after you are attached to a harness and parachute, a speed-boat offshore pulls you 400 feet into the air for a 5-minute spin, then gently brings you back down. Not only is parasailing a thrilling experience, it is probably the best way to get an unobstructed view of Grand Bahama Island. You will also find parasailing and other water sport activities at Taino Beach and Xanadu Beach. I wish I could go with them, but there is always tomorrow.

No comments: