Monday, January 12, 2009

Kayak Nature Tour

Well, my Kayaking couple had a great time and were very excited to tell me all about it. Their guide, Mike was excellent. From the moment he picked them up, they said they were treated like family and were kept laughing the whole day. After some preliminary instructions they set off on an hour or so kayak ride. As they kayaked through the beautiful mangrove creek, Mike gave a lot of history of the island. They paddled though the mangroves to the stunning Gold Rock Beach where they had a light picnic lunch. After lunch they had about an hour to sit and relax. They then headed to the Lucayan National Park & Caves where they went on a nature walk and learned about some of Grand Bahamas stunning flora and the Lucayan Indians. They told me about all the different fish and interesting plants they saw as they Kayaked through the mangroves. As they both beamed telling me all about their trip, I was reminded how lucky I am to have the opportunity to enjoy these kinds of activities every day as part of my job. I think I am going to have to arrange an excursion for tomorrow…..Hmm…..I wonder where I will go???

No comments: