Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back in the sunshine

So here I am back at work after a very long vacation in England. After being in freezing cold weather for 6 weeks it sure is good to be back in the sunshine. My first day back at work was a little hectic, but good. When we arrived in Grand Bahama I was happy to see one of my favorite tour operators waiting at the taxi stand to greet me. He runs the Bahamian Getaway Island Tour and is a very entertaining guy. After catching up with a few other Bahamian friends, I went for a run. All that great food I had over the Christmas holidays has me feeling a bit podgy, so I have to get back into my fitness routine. I only managed two miles, but I will build it back up to six in the weeks to come. We had quite a good passenger count on the return and the turn out for the Magician’s show was great. We arrived a little later than scheduled, but immigration and customs cleared the ship fast, so the passengers and crew were happy. There was a crew party that evening and a good time was had by all.

No comments: