Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a hell of a life, but someone has to live it!


Hi, everybody! ITMA! (It’s That Man Again!)
Rick here once again to bring you the latest news off the Discovery Sun.

Today… I decided to go to the beach at Taino Beach Resort. Sometimes it is hell being me! Here it is, the middle of December, and I am wondering if Factor 30 is going to be enough. Also, choices, choices! Shorts or Speedo’s…and, well, as I do have a bit of a belly, I did what all overweight men, all around the world, tend to do at the beach, and opted for the Speedo’s! No, not really, I went with the shorts. (I have to admit to once trying on Speedos at the shop and wondering how on earth some of these big guys can look in the mirror and say to themselves, “Yes! Now, that is the look I am going for!”)

Having been out on Saturday night in Ft. Lauderdale, and then up bright and early on Sunday morning, I wasn’t feeling quite as chipper as I should, but once I got to the beach, a quick pick me up in the shape of a Bahama Mama, (And just in case my boss is reading this, it was Non alcoholic, honest!) and I was good to go! I did enjoy the water-slide, although trying to go down it upside down was nowhere near as funny as I thought it was going to be! That really clears out the cobwebs! I also decide to have a burger at the bar in the pool! I have often wondered who the first person was that said, “Hey. I have an idea! Lets put the bar IN the pool!” I mean, that must have been a hard sell, don’t you think? Did the early attempts have the barman also in swimwear? Were there waiting staff bobbing about with trays held above their heads? Any way, my rambling apart, I enjoyed my lunch and headed back to the beach, and caught some sun. As I lay there, wondering whether to have a Beer (sorry Boss) to hold down the burger, I thought about my partner, Adele, who is back in England. I gave here a quick call from my cell to see how she was, and apparently, it was snowing, her car has packed up, she has a touch of flu, and the cat has decided that the food they serve next door is nicer, so it packed it’s litter tray and moved in with them. I felt did feel bad for her, so bad in fact, that I decided, YES, I will have a beer to hold down the burger! Life, huh?

We left Freeport a bit later than planed, we had smooth sailing for the trip and we got back to Ft. Lauderdale around 10.15pm with a ship full of tired, but happy passengers.

Well, I have to go, I need to ring home again. Apparently, Adele’s Mom has laryngitis, and I don’t want to miss that!

No comments: